SweetWater Brewing Company: Atlanta, Georgia
There is no need to elaborate or gush about Atlanta's well known hotspot, SweetWater Brewing Company. If you're looking to blow off some steam after a long work week or just happy to have a sweet happy hour (no pun intended) than SweetWater Brewing Company will not only quench your thirst but it won't drain the bank either. For only $10 (used to be $8) you will receive a souvenir pint glass with SIX drink tickets to sample 5.5 oz (I'd say they usually go over) of SweetWater's brews.
Here are a few tips regarding your trip...
1. Arrive early, at least an hour ahead of time, as there are always lines waiting outside the brewery. Tours (or times when it's available to take on the SweetWater experience) are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday as doors open from 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
2. Skip the tour and use your drink tickets. There's not much to see and brewery tours are all the same. There's only so many times you can hear how barley (or rice), yeast, hops and water are all used to make your favorite brews and only so many steel tanks you can bat a blank stare at.
3. Take a cab or carpool with a designated driver. The brewery is expanding as it's located in a rather abandoned area of Atlanta. It's not really close to the MARTA so it's best to call a cab or hitch a ride as we definitely do NOT support the idea of drinking and driving. Trust us, you need a ride and a sober driver after tasting nearly six pints of beer.
4. Bring cash to expedite the process of entering the brewery and don't forget to tip your bartenders.
5. HAVE FUN! SweetWater is definitely one of the best and most talked about places in all of Atlanta.
Random Fact: SweetWater Brewing Company started in Boulder, Colorado...no wonder why we like it so much! ;)
Our favorites: SweetWater IPA, Georgia Brown and Sch'Weat American Wheat Ale.